June 3, 2013

MUSIC mondays: ANYTHING

"I can be anything."
-Anything, Sofia the First

Isabelle is a big fan of the show Sofia the First.  Like I said in my previous post, she loves princesses.  The show is about a little girl named Sofia whose mother marries the king and whose life suddenly goes from living in a village to being a royal princess.

I actually don't mind the show all that much.  Each episode carries a good message and Sofia is a decent character and nowhere near as annoying as Dora.  I also like the show because it has music, and since Isabelle loves to sing I ended up buying her the entire soundtrack to the series.

Some of the songs are very specific to the episode, while others carry a deeper message about Sofia's quest to be a great princess and her new way of life.

One song called Anything is one of Isabelle's favorites and she loves to sing it all the time.  It has a great message about how each of us can be anything that we want, and the episode in which it is featured is when Sofia is trying out for the flying derby team despite everyone's objections because usually only princes are on the team.

Here's part of the song.



I try to share music that I think is appropriate for kids and not super annoying to parents because some of the stuff out there is brutal to listen to over and over and over again.

  I really like this song because I think it has a great message for everyone.

If you're looking for some new music for your kids to listen to, be sure to check out this soundtrack!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter also loves Sofia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. My girls would've loved this show....they're both equestrians.

    Linking from Musical Monday,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...