September 4, 2015

She'll only be LITTLE ONCE

I feel like I've been posting a lot about my house lately, but this is something I have been wanting to write about for awhile.

Pinterest is a really great tool for getting ideas for practically anything.  When my oldest daughter was growing out of her nursery and ready for a "big girl room" I went to Pinterest to get ideas on how I wanted her room to look.  I really wanted it to be light, bright and modern without an overload of characters - Disney Princesses, My Little Pony, etc.  I especially didn't want character bedding.

I pinned this picture and thought it was adorable.


But, my daughter had a different idea.  She wanted My Little Pony Bedding.  She wanted her My Little Pony coloring pages displayed on her wall, and she organized and taped them on to her wall ALL BY HERSELF.  In a nutshell, she wanted her room to be a reflection of who she is, not who I am.  That's what MY room is for.


As much as I hoped for a Pinterest-worthy room, that's not how things were meant to be.  And, I'm learning that that is okay.  I'll probably frame her pictures just so they're protected a bit more, but other than that, the room will stay as is.  

She'll only be little once.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this! I let my boys do the same and they love it. Though I do let out a little sigh when I scroll through Pintrest. ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with ya...I sigh through Pinterest, too. :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with this! I let my boys do the same and they love it. Though I do let out a little sigh when I scroll through Pintrest. ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine how much you were twitching inside at the idea of having to buy that My Little Pony bedding!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...